2.x to 3.0
The following steps outline the upgrading instructions for 2.x to 3.0.x:
- Download the most recent version of Enthusiast under the 3.0 development tree as well as the Upgrade from Enthusiast 2 script.
- Install Enthusiast 3.0 following the regular installation instructions.
- Unzip the upgrade script archive and upload
enth2upgrade.phpto your Enthusiast 3 installation directory.
- Open your Enthusiast 2.x-run fanlisting’s
config.inc.phpfile and determine if the database settings are correct. It is important to note that if you are planning to move your fanlisting to a different server (i.e., from one domain to another, both on different servers/not part of a single reseller), you have to make sure the
$db_servervariable points to the old server and that your old server can accept MySQL connections from the new (destination) server. This is so that the members can be ported from the old database table to the new one!
- Copy this
config.inc.phpto your Enthusiast 3 installation directory (it won’t overwrite your Enthusiast 3.x config file as they are not of the same filename).
- Go to
enth2upgrade.php(i.e., if your Enth3 installation is at
http://yourdomain.com/admin, go to
http://yourdomain.com/admin/enth2upgrade.php) — you do not need to log in to run this convert script.
- Fill out the rest of the form located at that address. (Note that some of these steps are replicated on that page.) The rest of the values will be taken from your
- Once done, delete the
config.inc.phpfiles from your Enthusiast 3 installation directory and configure your fanlisting’s snippets/pages following regular Enthusiast 3 configuration instructions.