(This document pertains to Enthusiast 3.x and above only.)
Enthusiast 3.x is a fully customizable collective and listing script rolled into one. It is different from current [fanlisting] scripts, so please read this document in its entirety to know how to install, configure and use Enthusiast 3 to manage your collective and fanlistings.
Usage of Enthusiast 3.x is primarily centered around including script snippets into pages you create for your collective and fanlisting; thus, there is no joined.php, owned.php, or affiliates.php files (for the collective part) and no join.php, member.php, update.php (et al) files (for the fanlisting part). Making these show up on your collective and fanlisting is through the use of the snippets, which are explained below.
Important tips and hints
- These document attempts to fully explain the whole installation process, both for installing Enthusiast 3.x (the collective part) and using the installed Enthusiast 3.x for your fanlistings. Enthusiast 3.x is very different from other scripts (to date, anyway), so reading the texts in their entirety is a must. Trust me, it will help!!
- Once Enthusiast 3.x is installed and you are inside the admin panel, before you change anything, you must read through whatever instructions and hints and tips I leave on these pages. I try to provide instructions liberally, and if you think a certain thing should be explained more, please feel free to suggest it to me.
- Before converting listings over from Enthusiast 2 or Fanbase or using any other convert script, back up your databases. You can do this using third-party scripts such as phpMyAdmin and the like.
- Before converting listings over from Enthusiast 2 or phpFanbase or using any other convert script, read all instructions.
- Five is my lucky number, so I’ll reiterate it one more time: READ ALL OF THE PROVIDED DOCUMENTATION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING AND AGAIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.