I’m finally releasing Enth 3.1 after quite some time. :) I meant to release earlier, but because of some weather-related problems, I had to postpone it for a bit. I’m inclined to postpone it a little more but I figure I should just get this over and done with!
Enthusiast 3.1.0 has the following new features (for the full list, please view the changelog):
- Added the following listing statistics: growth rate, number of countries, collective categories, newly-added/updated affiliates, total number of affiliates, random affiliate and random member
- New admin panel look plus dashboard
- Neglected listings notification (two months without updates)
- Multi-level categories
- Multiple categories for joined and owned listings
- Error logging
- New owned template variables for growth rate, number of countries, and new members
- If added/approved template is blank, no email is sent out to added/approved members
- Check all checkbox for approving members
- Multi-level-and-field sorting of the members list
- Option for vistors to not send their information to themselves when joining
- PEAR Mail for better email sending via fanlisting/admin panel, via sendmail
- Inclusion of collective statistics (no need for addon)
An online demo is, again, available at the Enthusiast features page. Feel free to check it out.
Online documentation of Enthusiast is also now fully available, and most the the new documentation has been delegated to it — if you see anything amiss there, please feel free to correct me. ;) Being around the scripts so much, I might sometimes skip over some documentation errors.
A fresh installation can be downloaded here as well as an upgrade script if you’re already using Enthusiast 3.0 — it contains all the new files (well, virtually EVERYTHING) plus a script you will have to run to update your database. Please go here to download the script; if you have having problems, try the quick download page.
Please note that some addons may not be needed anymore with 3.1, or might not work as expected, such as the conversion script from Fanbase. I’ll be working to update those in the next few days. :)
Much thanks to my beta testers — their help weeding out the bugs is greatly appreciated plus they got a lot of the kinks out. :) :x A few may remain, though, as with any script — if you find any, please feel free to head on over at CodeGrrl and we’ll see about that. :)
Please remember to back up your databases before upgrading your installations. ;)
Hope you guys like the new version. :)